Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TWINKIES


The thing I love about travelling is the variety. I like walking around a corner and not knowing what to expect. On this trip, there has already been so many new and unexpected experiences. But one has caught me particularly unaware. For some reason, Ollie and Stella have embarked on a quest to find the elusive Twinkie. On any given day, at any given moment, they will rush into a supermarket, convenience store or news stand and ask whether the tasty treats are stocked. Each time, they are met with a knowing, condescending smirk, as though the smirker is thinking, ‘these sad tourists actually think Twinkies are real’. The thing is, I’m beginning to think they do not exist, that they have been made up. While I have heard them mentioned in movies and on TV, I have never personally seen one, touched one or tasted one. So it has become a quest for the Holy Grail, one I’m sure will continue for the rest of this trip, and maybe a lifetime.
 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment